Chicken Pad Thai

Isn’t it about time we stopped relying on take out to get Pad Thai and making it at home instead? This veggie and chicken version will leave you wanting to make it at home time and time again!
I will be the first to admit this is an Americanized version of Pad Thai. There’s no tamarind paste in this recipe, instead you’ll find vinegar and lime juice. I replaced the traditional palm sugar with dark brown sugar (which is also part of the tamarind substitution. Light-brown sugar would be fine too). I added soy which isn’t so traditional, but for me it helps tone down the fish sauce, not to mention many would say I was very skimpy with the fish sauce. Then I added in some not so commonly found veggies, the red bell pepper and stick carrots. And of course I love chicken, I’ll almost always choose it over shrimp or tofu so that’s the other sign that this just isn’t your super authentic Pad Thai. But, this is how I like my Pad Thai.
Who knows maybe down the road my palate will be so much more adventurous and I will be into far more authentic Thai food, but for now this is perfect for me and I just don’t want to change it. It’s flavorful, it’s unique, it’s exciting and most of all it’s incredibly delicious! I have the feeling you are going to love this crave worthy dish too!

Ingredients
  • 10 oz Thai rice noodles
  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into small strips
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp lime juice
  • 1 Tbsp fish sauce
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips and strips halved
  • 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 4 green onions, whites minced, greens sliced into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 cups bean sprouts
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
  • 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
  • Red pepper flakes and sesame seeds (optional)
Directions
  1. Prepare rice noodles according to directions listed on package. In a mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice and fish sauce, set aside.
  2. While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a wok or large and deep non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot add chicken and saute until cooked through, about 4 - 6 minutes.
  3. Transfer to a plate, leaving oil in pan. Add bell pepper and carrots and saute 1 - 2 minutes then add garlic, green onions and bean sprouts saute 1 minute longer.
  4. Push veggies to edges of pan and crack eggs into center. Cook and scramble until eggs have cooked through. Add in chicken, noodles and sauce and toss everything together and cook 1 - 2 minutes.
  5. Serve warm topped with cilantro, peanuts and optional red pepper flakes and sesame seeds.
You can find complete recipes of this Chicken Pad Thai in cookingclassy.com
- food recipes

Healthy Recipes

Previous
Next Post »