THE MOST AMAZING CHOCOLATE CAKE

The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake is here. I call this my Matilda Cake because I swear it’s just as good as the cake that Bruce Bogtrotter ate in Matilda. Moist, chocolatey perfection. This is the chocolate cake you’ve been dreaming of!
I have been searching for a great chocolate cake recipe for years. For my 18th birthday, my mom made an amazing chocolate cake. It was perfect. It was everything that a chocolate cake should be. Unfortunately, the recipe didn’t seem to survive past that day. Losing that recipe was a tragedy. It set the bar for chocolate cake in my eyes. It took me almost a decade to recreate that perfect chocolate cake. I tried at least a dozen recipes and none of them lived up to my expectations.  Until now.
I have found it. My search has ended. I now have THE recipe. If you have ever seen the movie Matilda you will surely remember the scene where the boy is forced to eat the most delicious looking chocolate cake ever. I feel just like that boy when I eat this cake. It is my Matilda chocolate cake for sure.
This cake is moist and has the perfect crumb. I cannot imagine making a chocolate cake using any other recipe. It is so easy to make and puts doctored cake mix recipes to shame. I’m eating a piece of the cake as I’m writing this, drooling all over my keyboard. It is insanely delicious. A decades search was worth the wait. Every…decadent…bite. Who wants cake?

Ingredients
  • butter and flour for coating and dusting the cake pan
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 cups granulated sugar
  • 1½ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon baking soda
  • 1½ teaspoons baking powder
  • 1½ teaspoons salt
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1½ cups buttermilk
  • 1½ cups warm water
  • ½ cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Butter three 9-inch cake rounds. Dust with flour and tap out the excess. (see cooking lesson below)
  3. Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer using a low speed until combined.
  4. Add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, and vanilla. Beat on a medium speed until smooth. This should take just a couple of minutes.
  5. Divide batter among the three pans. I found that it took just over 3 cups of the batter to divide it evenly.
  6. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  7. Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes and then turn out the cakes onto the racks and allow to cool completely.
  8. Frost with your favorite frosting and enjoy!
Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
    1. In a large bowl, beat together butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer for best results
    2. Add in cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
    3. Beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Add milk as necessary to make a spreadable consistency. The frosting should be very thick and will thicken even more if refrigerated.
    You can find complete recipes of this THE MOST AMAZING CHOCOLATE CAKE in thestayathomechef.com
    - food recipes

    Healthy Recipes

    Previous
    Next Post »